Please see the letter below, sent to all families via MyEd on Friday 29th January 2021:
Dear Parents and Carers,
Many of you may have seen the news yesterday and the points made about schools by the Prime Minister. I am writing to confirm what we know at present about the plans.
- Schools will be closed completely as planned for half term, February 15th to 19th to all students.
- If your child has been in school on Thursday 11th or Friday 12th February and develops symptoms on either Saturday 13th or Sunday 14th that result in a positive test, please notify school by emailing email@example.com. Schools will then contact trace as required.
- After half term arrangements for remote or in school learning remain as they are now until at least 8th March. We will continue to seek feedback on our remote learning provision and improve our offer; to this end, we will be sending a survey to parents and students next week.
- Clarification about the 8th March arrangements will be provided by the Government the week commencing 22nd February. Schools and families will receive at least two weeks’ notice of changes to school arrangements to make preparations. We do not yet know what the return to school will mean and it will be dependent on public health information at that time. School will be in contact as soon as we have further information about this.
- Eligible families will continue to receive free school meal vouchers through Edenred during term time until further notice. During the February half term break support is available for food for any family that needs it through the local authority Winter Grant Schemes. Details can be found on our website and at Beckfoot Trust - Support for families
We will continue with learning in line with the guidance and provide as much support as we can for our children and families during these continuing challenging times. Please encourage your child, where possible, to follow their usual timetable and complete their work during school hours. As a reminder, they can seek assistance from their teachers on Teams or ask their tutor for guidance in their live tutorial from next week. For additional support with home learning, please see our school website and YouTube channel.
To assess the progress students are making, teachers are regularly setting STAR mark tasks for your child to complete via “assignments” on Teams. It is very important that your child completes these to the best of their ability and submits them by the deadline set. This will allow teachers to give your child feedback and adapt future lessons. All pieces of work will be tracked and late submissions will not be included in these records.
We will update you as soon as we have any further information on new Government guidance.
Thank you to all our community for your support.