If your child qualifies for Disadvantage Funding please let us know, the allocation we receive helps to secure achievement for your child.
What is Disadvantage Funding?
Disadvantage Funding is additional funding given to schools to help children from low income families achieve in line with their potential. Beckfoot Thornton will only receive this additional money to spend on children if parents or guardians who are eligible apply for it.
Who is eligible?
The school is awarded the additional funding for children who meet any of the following criteria:
- have a parent serving in the armed forces;
- are currently entitled to free school meals
- have been entitled to free school meals within the last 6 years;
- are ‘looked after’
- are covered by a guardianship order
- are covered by a residency order
- have been adopted from care.
For further information on ‘looked after children’ (LAC), please contact the relevant year leaders who will be happy to provide more information.
Our Disadvantage Funding Statement
Click on the link below to see our Disadvantage Funding and Catchup Premium statement for the current year.