About the Library
With an ever expanding collection of books and other resources, the Library is an inclusive space, committed to supporting the varied needs and interests of our young people throughout their time at Beckfoot Thornton. In addition to supporting the curriculum we aim to promote and celebrate reading for pleasure.
The Library is open during break and lunch for students who wish to exchange books, read quietly or do school work, and after school until 4pm Monday-Thursday.
- I understand that when I am in the Library I must not:
- Talk noisily
- Eat or drink
- Disturb other students who are behaving responsibly
- I understand that I am welcome in the Library if I intend to:
- Read quietly
- Do homework
- Do coursework or research
- Borrow or return books
- I will return any Library books that I borrow by the date stamped on the inside cover
- I will treat the books with care and return them in the condition that I received them in
Accelerated Reader (or AR) is a reading programme that our KS3 students use during their Library Lessons. For information about AR please visit the Accelerated Reader page.
Throughout the year we'll be adding a range of booklists to this page, these will be full of recommended reads and interesting books that students might like to check out. Call in to the library to pick up copies or click on the links below.
- Booklist - Books About Difference, Acceptance and Bullying, compiled to coincide with Anti-Bullying Awarenes Week, Noveber 2016.
The Library Team
Miss J Billingsley, Learning Resources Co-ordinator
Mrs J Robinson, Library Assistant
Please contact us in school should you have any questions or if you would like any further information.