Exams and Performance Data
Please use the above link to find out about our examination results.
Examinations and Results 2021
Will my child sit final examinations in summer 2021?
The government has cancelled all summer 2021 examinations due to the ongoing effects of the pandemic. As a school, we will use a wide range of evidence to determine the grade including:
- Mock examinations held in school in the Autumn Term
- These were based on past and sample examination papers, were standardised and moderated in school, and across the Trust where applicable and the results shared with you.
- “STAR” mark tasks completed in school and took place during remote learning
- These were tasks based on examination specifications. Details of the incomplete “STAR” mark tasks were sent to you on 10th March 2021 and students were provided with an opportunity to catch up on missing tasks before 15th March 2021. Following this they were offered an opportunity to catch up in after-school sessions at school.
- April assessment exams
- Students will sit assessment exams during the weeks commencing 19th April and 26th April. Standardisation and moderation activities will take place following these assessments and the results will be shared with you.
- In class assessments
- Class assessments during the week commencing 24th May based on examination specification and/or assessment materials provided by the examinations board. Standardisation activities will take place to ensure consistency in marking for these assessments.
No single assessment will determine the grade that will be awarded. Any additional work completed, for example past questions completed with a student’s out of school private tutor, cannot be considered in this process as they have not gone through the school’s robust quality assurance processes. Work that has been submitted previously can now not be redone or amended.
What does this mean for my child?
The government has made it clear that students will need to be assessed on the content they have covered during Key Stage 4/5. This means that since your child has returned to school, lessons have focussed on consolidating learning from Years 9, 10 and 11 for GCSE students, and learning from Year 12 and Year 13 for A-Level students.
When will the final assessment be?
April assessments will be sat in full exam conditions and students will be tested on the content of the course that they have covered. Students will not be tested on any section of the specification that has not been taught. All content covered has been reviewed with our Heads of Department and the Headteacher, to ensure that where a full course has not been covered, all students have covered sufficient content that allows them to progress onto their next stage. There will be a further assessment week during the week commencing 24th May 2021.
What happens after the assessments?
Once all of the assessments have been completed, departments will be reviewing the evidence that has been collected for each student before a school level decision will be made on the grade awarded. This data will go through a robust quality assurance process involving leaders at all levels and across the Beckfoot Trust. No individual teacher can make a decision on their own. Please note teachers will not be able to discuss this grade. Any queries about this process or further information can be sent to email@example.com
No further work will be completed on assessments or evidence supporting the student’s grades after Friday 28th May to allow us time to complete our robust quality assurance procedures. After May half term transition materials and support will be provided through a blended approach including some in school sessions and other sessions via teams to help prepare Y11 and Y13 for their next steps. Further details will be sent to you about this later this half term.
What if I disagree with the grade awarded to my child?
For information on appeals for students and parents/carers please visit: