24th March 2021
Message from our CEO, David Horn
I want to thank you all for your support in the return of students to our schools over the last half term. Positive strides are being made in fighting the virus and moving towards more normality in all our lives.
- Lateral flow device testing has taken place on a huge scale in our secondary schools, as well as for colleagues in primaries, to support the safe return of students and staff. My gratitude goes to all those that made this happen.
- Home lateral flow device testing is now available to all our families and with wide participation will continue to provide more reassurance and prevent the spread of the virus. Beckfoot Trust - Covid 19 Testing is available for households with school students or staff
- The Covid 19 vaccination program is making positive progress in our communities protecting the more vulnerable groups.
- The Government has announced this week financial support for eligible families through the Test and Trace Support Payment Scheme, if they are required to self isolate. Claiming financial support under the Test and Trace Support Payment scheme - GOV.UK (www.gov.uk)
- Schools return to face to face learning and continue to adhere to the Government guidelines on social distancing, face coverings and hand washing. All schools follow robust risk assessments to eliminate risk where possible and hence keep our schools open.
It has been great to once again see our schools full of learners. Attendance at school is crucial for our children. We know it is the best place for them to learn and where they spend important time with friends, teachers and other school staff. All of the actions above make positive impact in reducing the spread of the virus and minimise risk. If you have concerns of any kind about sending your child to school please talk to use so we can find a way to help.
We continue to closely follow the information from Government about awarding grades this summer to our Year 11 and 13 students. We know this will a time of uncertainty for many. Be reassured that our schools will be doing everything they can to ensure that our students get the grades they deserve and are supported fully to achieve their next steps what ever they may choose.
This week groups of students from 18 secondary schools across four Bradford Multi Academy Trusts including Beckfoot Trust, will take part in a virtual Schools Pandemic Recovery Summit. Led by students this event is an opportunity for our young people to tell the invited adults what the pandemic has meant to them. They will be challenging those adults from across public and private sector organisations with civic influence to consider how they can work with young people to support the recovery. We know that student voice will be strong and will determine the actions that as adults we need to take to support our children to come through what has been the most challenging of times for them all.
Families have faced challenges of many kinds over the last year and many continue to do so. Please let us know if you need support.
I wish you well and thank you again for all that you are doing.
Regards, David Horn