Mental Health and Wellbeing
Helplines and websites for wellbeing and mental health
If you don't feel able to talk to a trusted adult, you can find confidential help from a helpline or website.
There are organisations that are available to support children and young people, with wellbeing and mental health.
Helplines and websites for children and young people:
Confidential telephone counselling service for any child with a problem.
- Call 0800 1111 any time for free,
- Have an online chat with a counsellor(9am to midnight daily)
- Check out the message boards
Young Minds youngminds.org.uk
Free, confidential support for parents as well as young people.
- This website has some very good tips, advice and guidance on where you can get support for your mental health during the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic: Young Minds - Coronavirus and Mental Health
- This charity has also opened a dedicated parents’ helpline for confidential, expert advice. You can reach them at 0808 802 5544.
An online wellbeing community for young people
- Go to https://www.kooth.com/or download the app to chat to friendly counsellors, read articles by other young people, get support from the Kooth community, and write a daily journal.
The Mix themix.org.uk
Free confidential telephone helpline and online service that aims to find young people the best help, whatever the problem.
An app and website to support the mental health of 10-18 year olds.
- Information about the app, and helpful mental health videos are available on the Helios - Think Ninja web page
Shout - Crisis Text Line www.crisistextline.uk
A free 24/7 texting service in the UK for anyone in crisis anytime, anywhere.
- Text SHOUT to 85258 in the UK to text with a trained crisis volunteerwho’ll provide active listening and collaborative problem-solving.
Child Bereavement UK www.childbereavementuk.org
Provides bereavement help and support for children and families.
- Support for grieving children and young people: Bereavement support for young people.
- Covid 19 support for grieving children and young people: Coronavirus support for children and young people.
If you are not sure about who to contact, call ChildLine. They will put you in touch with the best people to help you.