Mental Health and Wellbeing
Helplines and websites for wellbeing and mental health
If you don't feel able to talk to a trusted adult, you can find confidential help from a helpline or website.
There are organisations that are available to support children and young people, with wellbeing and mental health.
Helplines and websites for children and young people:
Confidential telephone counselling service for any child with a problem.
- Call 0800 1111 any time for free,
- Have an online chat with a counsellor(9am to midnight daily)
- Check out the message boards
Young Minds youngminds.org.uk
Free, confidential support for parents as well as young people.
- This charity has opened a dedicated parents’ helpline for confidential, expert advice. You can reach them at 0808 802 5544.
An online wellbeing community for young people
- Go to https://www.kooth.com/or download the app to chat to friendly counsellors, read articles by other young people, get support from the Kooth community, and write a daily journal.
The Mix themix.org.uk
Free confidential telephone helpline and online service that aims to find young people the best help, whatever the problem.
- Call 0808 808 4994 for free (11am to 11pm daily),
- Access the online community
- Email The Mix.
An app and website to support the mental health of 10-18 year olds.
- Information about the app, and helpful mental health videos are available on the Helios - Think Ninja web page
Shout - Crisis Text Line www.crisistextline.uk
A free 24/7 texting service in the UK for anyone in crisis anytime, anywhere.
- Text SHOUT to 85258 in the UK to text with a trained crisis volunteerwho’ll provide active listening and collaborative problem-solving.
Child Bereavement UK www.childbereavementuk.org
Provides bereavement help and support for children and families.
- Support for grieving children and young people: Bereavement support for young people.
If you are not sure about who to contact, call ChildLine. They will put you in touch with the best people to help you.